Diet is a wonderful option to get rid of your symptoms and provide lasting effects. There are a few key points I think you should keep in mind:
- It does not work over night: Diet takes 3 to 6 weeks minimum to see results. And this number is true if you are following the diet properly
- Diet can cure disease: Diet is the basic building block your body needs to function optimally. The food is providing your body with the micro and macronutrience it creates to heal. Your body is doing the work.
- There is a Dietary Invention for every Medical condition: Good nutrition is important to heal any disease, but researched dietary interventions are available for most conditions. Sometimes Diet can be used for symptom management, pain relief, and overall vitality. In all medical conditions it is going to be an important keystone.
- One Diet fixes all: Everyone is different. There nutritional needs are different based on nutrient deficiencies, activity level, Food allergies or sensitivities and what medical conditions they have Your own Naturopathic Doctor, or Dietician will be able to give you an individual diet to follow if you have numerous medical conditions.
- Diet alone is enough: Diet is one aspect of healthy living. You need to exercise, take care of your mental health, get fresh air and sometimes use other methods to heal. Remember diet isn’t where you stop. You will end up using food to maintain your health, but other modalities are going to optimize it. There are times where hydrotherapy, herbs, medications, and surgery are going to be indicated.
I’ve said this before, changing your diet is one of the hardest things you will ever have to do, but it will be the most rewarding. Keeping those 5 points in mind, I wish you well on your journey and please don’t give up. As long as you keep trying to change your diet there is always hope.